Recipe: Seafood Spaghettoni
This easy pasta dish is loaded with plump shrimp, bay scallops, and plenty of parm.
Beaumont Kitchen’s Seafood Spaghettoni
Beaumont Pesto Ingredients
5 bunches basil, picked from stems
¾ lbs Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 lemons, zested
1 ¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a blender, except for the olive oil.
- Begin to purée the mix while gradually adding the oil in.
- Once mixed, add a little salt to taste. Parm is salty, so watch out!
Seafood Spaghettoni Ingredients
1 lbs dry spaghettoni or spaghetti
2 tbsp vegetable oil
¾ lbs large shelled shrimps
¾ lbs bay scallops
½ l white wine
Parmigiano-Reggiano to finish
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Make sure that the water tastes like the sea.
- Cook the pasta to al dente (8-9 minutes).
- In a separate sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil and then sauté the seafood for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add six tablespoons of the Beaumont pesto to the seafood and then the pasta.
- Dish out into six bowls and grate parm on top to taste!