PB&J Stuffed French Toast
200 grams peanut butter
80 grams honey
200 grams mascarpone cheese
6 whole eggs
250 grams milk
50 grams sugar
5 grams grated nutmeg
1 brioche loaf (500-700 grams)
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whip the peanut butter, honey and mascarpone together until well combined to form the mascarpone peanut butter. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Blend eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg together until well combined to form the royale.
- Slice the brioche vertically into four large, equal-sized pieces.
- Using a utility knife, cut a hole into the crust side of the bread. Pipe in as much of the mascarpone peanut butter mixture as the loaf will accommodate.
- Soak the bread in the royale on one side for 10 minutes, and then on the opposite side for 10 minutes more. At this point the bread will be incredibly soft.
- Transfer the bread to the fridge and allow it to set up for one hour.
- Sear the French toast in clarified butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer French toast to 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, until the bread has set and the center is liquid.
- Plate the French toast. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and smother it with raspberry jam. Enjoy immediately!